[SOLVED] Cannot remove Snapshot ( VM is locked (snapshot-delete) )

Esben Viborg

Oct 12, 2017
Hi

Yesterday i took a snapshot of one of my VM's. The snapshot failed for some reason. When i try to run it again i get an error: "VM is locked (snapshot-delete)"

i have unlocked the vm with "qm unlock 101", and when i try to delete it after the unlock i get the following error:

TASK ERROR: lvremove snapshot 'pve/snap_vm-101-disk-1_test' error: Failed to find logical volume "pve/snap_vm-101-disk-1_test"

Any idea on how i resolve this?

/Glacier

Alwin

Proxmox Staff Member
Staff member
Aug 1, 2017
The snapshot entry is stored in the /etc/pve/qemu-server/<vmid>.conf file of your VM, you can delete the entry by hand.

Reactions: racom
Oct 8, 2019
The snapshot entry is stored in the /etc/pve/qemu-server/<vmid>.conf file of your VM, you can delete the entry by hand.

Alwin,

Is this accomplished by removing or altering lines in the /etc/pve/qemu-server/<vmid>.conf file? I'm not seeing documentation on this. I have a snapshot that is unable to be deleted and is preventing me from growing a critically low disk drive. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE and Proxmox Mail Gateway. We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get your own in 60 seconds.

Buy now!