Oct 10, 2017
Hi there,

After a power outage one of my pool ended up with an unrecoverable error:

Code:
root@hyperviser1:/# zpool status -v
  pool: rpool
 state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices has experienced an unrecoverable error.  An
        attempt was made to correct the error.  Applications are unaffected.
action: Determine if the device needs to be replaced, and clear the errors
        using 'zpool clear' or replace the device with 'zpool replace'.
   see: https://openzfs.github.io/openzfs-docs/msg/ZFS-8000-9P
  scan: scrub repaired 0B in 02:26:16 with 1 errors on Sun Mar 17 01:13:55 2024
config:

NAME                                                STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        rpool                                               ONLINE       0     0     0
          mirror-0                                          ONLINE       0     0     0
            ata-WDC_WD20EZRX-00D8PB0_WD-WCC4N2HF0181-part3  ONLINE       0     0    24
            ata-WDC_WD20EZRX-00D8PB0_WD-WMC4M0H9J9PX-part3  ONLINE       0     0    24

I managed to locate the errore but I am not able to delete the file:

Code:
root@hyperviser1:/rpool/data/subvol-176-disk-0/opt/zimbra/store/0/10/msg/2# rm 9557-55138.msg
rm: cannot remove '9557-55138.msg': Invalid exchange

The container with the error is running fine but this is annoying because I am not able to make any backup as it fails everytime because of that corupted metadata.

I tried to scrub the disk, clear errors but no luck

Any tips to fix this ?

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!