Cannot Reach Web GUI

ShadowEnemy

Aug 27, 2024
I tried Proxmox on a mini PC. I can't access the web GUI. I'm 99.9% sure that I've set the IP address and DNS and everything correctly. I've already tried 5-6 different things. What surprises me is that my server(minipc )isn't showing up on the FRITZ!Box. So the server is connected to the FRITZ!Box via LAN. But the FRITZ!Box doesn't show me any active devices. Could it be that the network card on the mini PC is defective in some way? Strangely, the LED on the mini PC is flashing. I must also say that it's a PC from China. I've now spent 6 hours trying to access the Web Geo I. I've looked at all the tutorials, all the tips, all the tricks on the Internet. Nothing wants to work. Oh yes, ProxMox normally automatically gets the right IP and DNS address during installation. Strangely, it shows a completely wrong DNS for me, as if it was not connected to the FRITZ!Box. That's why I'm wondering whether the network adapter on the mini PC is actually broken.

the basis : what are the ip of your PVE (best from console "ip a" to show error) + ip of your box.

that's your problem, PVE doesn't support wifi over the box, mainly because wifi doesn't support bridge mode for VM.
There is a topic to continue with wifi and with "router" mode instead bridge.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!