Cannot migrate machine between two local datastores

Nakata

Renowned Member
Jun 13, 2012
Hello,

EDIT: Wrong subject, problem is not with migrate, but with Clone

i'm not able clone virtual machine between two servers on PRoxmox VE 3.1-3/dc0e9b0e
When want to move machine from one server to another there is no local datastore on second server, see picture
http://mixx.org/pic/proxmoxclone.jpg
I'm logged as user@pve with "Administrator" privileges on /

Why?
If machine can be moved to different host server local storage, why not cloned ?

I am sure pretty much everybody faced this. For now i just move the template or the machine i want to clone to the destination host then clone. Would be nice if did not have to though. So...... is it planned? :)

Live is much easier if you use shared storage for templates ...

Absolutely true!!
For all my cm I strictly use shared storage. Only BMW that are in local storage are my CEPH Admin, monitor and mds servers. Since they are all virtualized and putting them on RBD shared storage will put the while storage cluster at risk, I have spread them over local storages of 4 proxmox hosts. Every once in a while I clone template of Ubuntu server to local storage for testing purpose.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Tapatalk 2

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!