Cannot login to Mobile Web UI when using 2FA (TOTP)

n1nj4888

Jan 13, 2019
Hi There,

Looks like there is a bug in PVE 5.4-3 when trying to login to the Proxmox WebUI (Mobile Version) when TFA is enabled for the user.

The error given is “Login failed. Please enter the correct credentials”.

If the full WebUI is forced on a mobile device, the credentials are accepted, the prompt for the TFA is shown and the user is able to login as expected.

If the Proxmox team can confirm it is a bug, then I’m happy to raise it as a bug via the Proxmox bugzilla site

Is still not possible with 6.0-7. Has anyone found a solution?

Best regards,
Martin

I don’t believe there’s any solution to this other than Proxmox fixing it and seeking the 2FA token for the Mobile UI as they do for the full UI. The only workarounds are (A) Disable 2FA or (B) Request the full UI and not the Mobile UI from the Mobile device.

I’ve already raised this is a bug a few months back - It would be good to see this fixed!

https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/show_bug.cgi?id=2251

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!