Cannot create new Container from Turnkey-Image

ChESch

Sep 2, 2018
Hey there!

I wanted to create an OpenVPN-Turnkey-Container, but it always fails (I tried different CT-ID, different storage).

Here is the log:

extracting archive '/var/lib/vz/template/cache/debian-9-turnkey-openvpn_15.1-1_amd64.tar.gz'
tar: ./var/spool/postfix/dev/urandom: Cannot mknod: Operation not permitted
tar: ./var/spool/postfix/dev/random: Cannot mknod: Operation not permitted
Total bytes read: 487710720 (466MiB, 41MiB/s)
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors
TASK ERROR: unable to create CT 106 - command 'lxc-usernsexec -m u:0:100000:65536 -m g:0:100000:65536 -- tar xpf - -z --totals --one-file-system -p --sparse --numeric-owner --acls --xattrs '--xattrs-include=user.*' '--xattrs-include=security.capability' '--warning=no-file-ignored' '--warning=no-xattr-write' -C /var/lib/lxc/106/rootfs --skip-old-files --anchored --exclude './dev/*'' failed: exit code 2

I have looked for hours now, but I can't find anything on the Internet.

You need to create a privileged container, because the container template contains device nodes.

Try creating a privileged container (uncheck 'unprivileged' when creating).

That works, thank you! But I have set up this image in the past and do not recall to ever have done that. Was there a change recently? Is it because of the tun device of openvpn?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!