Cannot add iso to VM - no storage found?

DeepB

Jul 15, 2013
Hello,

I have a few ISOs on a local storage (shown as local(HOSTNAME) in the webinterface). The ISOs are shown in the webinterface.

However when I want to add a drive to a VM I chooese "Use CD/DVD disc image file (iso) " and then try to choose the storage. It says "loading" for quite some time (20 sec?) and then shows no storage.

proxmox.png

Any idea how to correct that?

thanks
Daniel

Hi,
do you have 'ISO image' enabled as content for local storage (check under Datacenter->Storage->local)?
If that is not the problem, please provide the output of `cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg`.

There are already ISO-files on that storage that are mounted in VMs as cdroms. I just cannot add the ISO to new VMs or new ISOs to the existing VMs.

Code:
root@pve2:~# cat /etc/pve/storage.cfg
dir: local
        path /var/lib/vz
        content iso,backup,vztmpl

lvmthin: local-lvm
        thinpool data
        vgname pve
        content images,rootdir

rbd: SSD
        content rootdir,images
        krbd 0
        pool SSD

rbd: data
        content rootdir,images
        krbd 0
        pool data

cephfs: cephfs
        path /mnt/pve/cephfs
        content vztmpl,backup,iso

Capture.PNG

Also:
Code:
root@pve2:~# ls /var/lib/vz/template/iso/
alpine-standard-3.10.1-x86_64.iso  SW-17.5.7_MR-7-511.iso

Okay, maybe your cephfs is interfering (question mark in WebUI)? Do you get any errors in the syslog? What is the output of `pvesm status`?

cephfs is old, I deleted it, it just still shows up in the webinterface.

Adding the iso on the command line works.

Code:
qm set 103 -cdrom /var/lib/vz/template/iso/SW-17.5.7_MR-7-511.iso

pvesm status does not return anything. it just hangs until I end it with ctrl+C

pvesm status does not return anything. it just hangs until I end it with ctrl+C
Okay than clearly something is off with your storage. Do you see any error messages in the syslog?

I have a few of those:
Code:
Sep  2 17:06:44 pve2 postfix/local[449833]: using backwards-compatible default setting relay_domains=$mydestination to update fast-flush logfile for domain "pve2.home.lan"
Sep  2 17:06:44 pve2 postfix/local[449833]: warning: hash:/etc/aliases is unavailable. open database /etc/aliases.db: No such file or directory
Sep  2 17:06:44 pve2 postfix/local[449833]: warning: hash:/etc/aliases: lookup of 'root' failed
Sep  2 17:06:44 pve2 postfix/local[449834]: 15F7720C5E: to=<root@pve2.home.lan>, relay=local, delay=66665, delays=66665/0.03/0/0, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (alias database unavailable)
Sep  2 17:06:44 pve2 postfix/local[449834]: using backwards-compatible default setting relay_domains=$mydestination to update fast-flush logfile for domain "pve2.home.lan"
Sep  2 17:06:44 pve2 postfix/local[449833]: 1632320524: to=<root@pve2.home.lan>, relay=local, delay=225676, delays=225676/0.03/0/0, dsn=4.3.0, status=deferred (alias database unavailable)

Other thatn That I do not see any errors. What am I looking for?

Hmm, okay so no relevant errors... As next step you can try to remove the cephfs entry from the /etc/pve/storage.cfg and see if that solves your issue. Simply prefix the corresponding lines with # in the config

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!