Cannot access Web UI - usually

noobnonit

Jan 27, 2023
I have seen a number of threads on this topic, but have not been able to find a solution to my problem.
I had to change my home network after a problem. I then had to change the IP address for the computer on which Proxmox is installed - which I use to run home assistant.
After some fiddling around, I managed to access the UI - temporarily. I do have a reserved IP for the computer, and I currently have a monitor and keyboard attached.
Initially I was getting the message on the web ui that my password was incorrect. Managed to fix that by changing the password on the Proxmox computer. Now however I cannot access the web ui - I did get it to come up once, but then stupidly closed the window by mistake, and have not been able to connect since.
I have seen various comments about clearing the cache (done) and various commands to try, including:
apt upgrade -y
(which seemed to be ok, although there was nothing to upgrade)
pvecm expected 1
Which returned the following:
Error: Corosync config 'etc/pve/corosync.conf' does not exist - is this node part of a cluster?
pvecm update certs
Which returned:
400 too many arguments
I am absolutely not IT savvy, and have no idea what I am doing other than following onscreen suggestions - what these commands actually do is beyond me.
Can anyone suggest what to do ? My Home Assistant ZHA integration is failing to set up, and I think it is a Proxmox connection issue.
Any assistance in short words would be greatly appreciated

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!