Cannot access via VNC

daniello

Oct 13, 2018
Hi everyone,

I have an Ubuntu VM set up in VE 5.2-12. Reading this article it should be simple to use VNC for remote access:

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/VNC_Client_Access

Nevertheless when I try to connect there is a connection error. I only need this for internal access - I added the args-line with 101 so the connection should be <ip>:6001 and I use tigthvnc viewer in Windows. Firewall for the VM is off. It seems to me that there is no VNC server listening .. but then again .. if the instructions are so simple it could be a functionality that proxmox provides. Could somebody possibly guide me on sensible next steps?

Best regards,
daniello

Please be cautious - I am not a programmer.

I didn't manage via this recommended way .. I installed a destop and vncserver the apt-get way and now it works. gnome failed on me but lxde works. So I guess I'm good to go .. even though I think my way is far too complicated.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!