Cannon initalize disk or create 'Directory' storage

Microkernel

Mar 31, 2019
My raid controller (PERC H710 Mini) has 2 virtual disks. One is a raid 0 with one disk which proxmox runs on. The other one is a RAID5, which I'd like to use as a datastore for my VM's.
For some reason though I can't initialize the second virtual disk or create a 'directory' storage on it.
Trying to initialize the virtual disk in the GUI throws the error "command '/sbin/sgdisk /dev/sdb -U R' failed: exit code 2" and creating a directory storage I get the error "command '/sbin/sgdisk -n1 -t1:8300 /dev/sdb' failed: exit code 2".
So far I tried to reboot and my next bet would be a reinstall. Is there anything else I can do ?

'man sgdisk' says to the exit code 2:

2 An error occurred while reading the partition table

so it seems something is wrong with the disk/raid?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!