Can Proxmox Virtual Machines boot with Pxe

pilgrimage

Oct 17, 2021
Hello, I want to connect to the virtual machines I have created on Proxmox with Pxe boot via discless thinclients, is this possible? If possible, how can it be done?

Yes, VMs can basically boot via PXE. To do this, you have to put the vNIC first in the VM under Options and then Boot order.

How exactly will I do this. In the boot order section in the VM Optiosn section in Proxmox, I will bring net0 to the first place.Apart from that, how will the client machine see the image. Is it necessary to install TFTP and PXE Server. Is there a tutoriol for this?

Of course you have to set up the PXE infrastructure, but that has nothing to do with Proxmox VE. Just google it, you're not the first to do something like this.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!