can not install windows10 whith virtio

Hi!
I have installed win8.1 with using sata driver.

Try to do like this:

Code:
Ok. If this Windows installed on sata-disk and works,
stop VM and add another disk (virtio, not sata) into VM, boot Windows and install virtio drivers for new disk.
If this happens, then you can stop VM and change the type of the first disk via Remove first disk in Hardware tab
(this action not really delete disk, it will remain there as Unused disk and data on the disk will not be lost)
and add it again via double click on it, but as virtio . After successful booting Windows You may delete second disk.
(second disk was needed for install the virtio driver only)

Got the same issue with virtio storage by using virtio-win-0.1.221 and windows 8.1 x64. More over full scan on VirtioCD can't find any supported driver.
What i'm doing wrong ?
UPD: tested it with virtio-0.1.217 and the result is the same, maybe there is a bug with proxmox 7.2-7 ? @tom

Last edited:
Hi!
I have installed win8.1 with using sata driver.

Try to do like this:

Code:
Ok. If this Windows installed on sata-disk and works,
stop VM and add another disk (virtio, not sata) into VM, boot Windows and install virtio drivers for new disk.
If this happens, then you can stop VM and change the type of the first disk via Remove first disk in Hardware tab
(this action not really delete disk, it will remain there as Unused disk and data on the disk will not be lost)
and add it again via double click on it, but as virtio . After successful booting Windows You may delete second disk.
(second disk was needed for install the virtio driver only)

Got the same issue with virtio storage by using virtio-win-0.1.221 and windows 8.1 x64. More over full scan on VirtioCD can't find any supported driver.
What i'm doing wrong ?
UPD: tested it with virtio-0.1.217 and the result is the same, maybe there is a bug with proxmox 7.2-7 ? @tom
fixed by downloading and using other virtios iso

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!