can i change a proxmox ve from lvm to zfs file sistem ?

elettrodata4

Renowned Member
Jun 7, 2012
hi , i've a big big BIG problem; i have a proxmox 6.3 with local-lvm and 2 VM; i want to format server , install proxmox in zfs mode, and than restore the VM on it, but, when i restore the VM, proxmox show this error : " i cant't find a local-lvm .......... and the VM did not restore.

So, the question is : can i migrate the VM from proxmox " lvm" on a proxmox " zfs " based, without lose data and programs on the VM ?

thanx in advance for all guys that will give me the answer ( any answare) :]

excuse me @ph0x, i've just one more question about lvm and zfs; after restore vm created in proxmox lvm ( ext4 format ) in to proxmox zfs ( zfs raid 1 format ), is there not need to make any modify to the vm? is it work regulary like when was in proxmox lvm ? thanx :]

Yes, absolutely. Proxmox converts this during the restore so that it is the correct format. And the VM doesn't know anything about the underlying storage.

Yes, absolutely. Proxmox converts this during the restore so that it is the correct format. And the VM doesn't know anything about the underlying storage.
Great news, thanks so much for your support, it's work well , i've tried and all is right , thanks a lot

Reactions: ph0x

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!