Can a ProxMox Template be converted into an ISO image?

If you want to make a ISO then you dont need anything from proxmox. Go to a windows board and ask for support howto create a custom windows installation media :) I'm sure you get much deeper and more detailed feedback then we can ever give. Cause making windows installation media is absolutly nothing related with a virtualisation technology and it is very off topic here.

If you want to duplicate your template from your primary to your secondary proxmox node as described in the first post i can't see what you want to do with an ISO file.

I would still want to ISO with centos and ubuntu not just windows.
So yes, a windows forum MIGHT help with setting up an ISO for windows but not for Centos or Ubuntu.
But to go from one prox node to another, the backup might work, should work.
If I decide to go with something like virtualizor then the backup file won't be any help.
I have a specific need to rate limit spoofed packet data and so far proxmox isn't able to so I'm still trying to figure things out.

Do you want to customize you Ubuntu/CentOS installation and then revert back to an installable ISO file??????

Why a bakcup does not help with virtualizor? vzdump is not a propitary proxmox tool. You also can use it to restore vms to virtualizor. That should be possible. Maybe you have to change something for example to run a VM you created on proxmox with KVM when you want to run it in Xen.
But in generel it is probaly easier to move the VM Image as RAW disk instead of creating a backup.

For sure ISO files is not the way to move an already installed virtual machine. I don't know how you camt to think ISO file can be used for templating? Thats the point. Maybe i'm just the noob and does not know any glory technology you want to use.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!