Bulk migration parallel jobs vs. max-workers

Leah

Aug 1, 2019
Short question about the meaning of two options:
In the web interface under Cluster -> Options I have the option "Maximal Workers/bulk-action". From observation this value defines the maximum number of parallel bulk migrations. But in the interface for bulk migrations I have the option "Parallel jobs" but I can't find any docs on whats the difference. Is it still the same as described in this issue: https://bugzilla.proxmox.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1236

Hi,
yes, what you can set in the GUI as parallel jobs will be passed to the API as maxworkers and overwrite the setting from the /etc/pve/datacenter.cfg. And for HA managed VMs, you'll still face the bug you linked to, i.e. only the setting from /etc/pve/datacenter.cfg is respected there.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!