[SOLVED] bulk add users whitelist / blacklist entries with file txt

Baskworo

Feb 8, 2022
Hallo i'm new on proxmox mail gateway, i wont to ask about entry blacklist mail with txt.

i have txt file with name "coba.txt" with file in attachment.

after that i upload file "coba.txt" on directory "/source/coba.txt" , i command like this :
while read line;do pmgsh create /config/ruledb/who/2/email --email "$line" ; done < /source/coba.txt

and then i have error :
400 Parameter verification failed.
email: invalid format - value does not look like a valid email address

create config/ruledb/who/2/email --email <string> [OPTIONS]

Attachments

• coba.txt
    48 bytes · Views: 42
On a hunch - I think this is because the file has DOS lineendings (CRLF instead of unix line endings (only LF))
also I think that you need to put a newline after the last line as well

I hope this helps!

Reactions: Baskworo
On a hunch - I think this is because the file has DOS lineendings (CRLF instead of unix line endings (only LF))
also I think that you need to put a newline after the last line as well

I hope this helps!
ok note, and i have try this solution..
DONE and Solved...
Thankyou @Stoiko Ivanov

so i want to summarize about how to blacklist with "file.txt" if you have many list mail blacklist :
1. you can create file type txt, but before you run this file you can check file with line windows(CRLF) / line with file MAC(CR), this filetype must (LF). you can check with cli ='cat -A file.txt'
if windows line result like this: humas.diklat4@gmail.com^M$ humas.diklat3@gmail.com^M$ if linux line like this : marketing.pusdiknas12@gmail.com$ panitia.diklat025@gmail.com$

2. check your blacklist or whitelist column with code "pmgsh get /config/ruledb/who" , result like this
[ { "id" : 2, "info" : "Global blacklist", "name" : "Blacklist" }, { "id" : 3, "info" : "Global whitelist", "name" : "Whitelist" } ]

3. run this comment "while read line;do pmgsh create /config/ruledb/who/2/email --email "$line" ; done < /source/file.txt" and example result like this :
200 OK 44 200 OK 45

Thankyou and i hope this summarize help us and other.

Baskworo

Last edited:
Reactions: Stoiko Ivanov

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!