[SOLVED] [BUG] VCPU of VM can't be set more than 4 and lost when reopen

Oct 27, 2015
France
Hi,
I've recently noticed 2 new phenomens :
_In the web gui, when I open the VPCU settings of a VM, all the settings of this particular window are lost. I mean, the number of vcpu comes down to 1, and everythings appear to the default settings.
_I can't set more than 4 vcpu to any VM. even if it was more before and even if my real CPU has more. [EDIT myself : this point is finally not a bug, I've just realized that the position in the windows changed : vsocket and vcore are switched in last version]

here are my version. (I come from the 4.0 and with updates).

proxmox-ve: 4.1-37 (running kernel: 4.2.8-1-pve)
pve-manager: 4.1-13 (running version: 4.1-13/cfb599fb)
pve-kernel-4.2.6-1-pve: 4.2.6-36
pve-kernel-4.2.8-1-pve: 4.2.8-37
pve-kernel-4.2.2-1-pve: 4.2.2-16
pve-kernel-4.2.3-2-pve: 4.2.3-22
lvm2: 2.02.116-pve2
corosync-pve: 2.3.5-2
libqb0: 1.0-1
pve-cluster: 4.0-32
qemu-server: 4.0-55
pve-firmware: 1.1-7
libpve-common-perl: 4.0-48
libpve-access-control: 4.0-11
libpve-storage-perl: 4.0-40
pve-libspice-server1: 0.12.5-2
vncterm: 1.2-1
pve-qemu-kvm: 2.5-5
pve-container: 1.0-44
pve-firewall: 2.0-17
pve-ha-manager: 1.0-21
ksm-control-daemon: 1.2-1
glusterfs-client: 3.5.2-2+deb8u1
lxc-pve: 1.1.5-7
lxcfs: 0.13-pve3
cgmanager: 0.39-pve1
criu: 1.6.0-1
zfsutils: 0.6.5-pve7~jessie

Do you have an idea of what I can do or whether it has been identified and will be solved?
kind regards,
Philippe

Last edited:
Hello @sdinet ,
Thanks you for your answer, but CPU hotplug option was already ckecked. I've tried to uncheck it and re check it, but CPU settings are still not displayed when I come back to the CPU settings popup. It really seems that there is a display Bug that leads to loosing the settings each time I want to change them.

Yes you are right, it's only a display bug. But if you don't pay attention and you reopen the settings dialog box and press save, then all your settings are lost in the category CPU.
So it can make some mistakes.

Anyway, thanks for the link with the bug report. I didn't know where to inform that bug I've noticed.

Kind regards to all. Have a nice week end.
Phil

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!