[Bug] Starting VM in Datacenter webgui, still thinks it's off (kinda)

BloodyIron

Renowned Member
Jan 14, 2013
it.lanified.com
This is a small GUI bug, and so far I've seen it happen in the Datacenter scope, but I'm not sure if it happens elsewhere.

I right click on a VM that's off. It turns on, and works, just like one would expect. I stay in this scope, don't reload page, or whatever. The VM is on, but I right click it again (let's say I want to now turn it off), it thinks it's still off and doesn't offer shutdown/restart/etc as if the VM was off.

This only is "fixed" when you reload the page or move away.

Small bug, but seems like might be worth fixing at some point.

Virtual Environment 4.4-13/7ea56165

well it can take up to about 20 seconds before the status in the tree is updated

we update the global statuses of the objects every 10 seconds on the nodes (each node for itself, replicated via corosync)
the tree updates every 3~10 seconds, depending on your connection latency/speed and which tab you have open

so the worst case you start your vm just after the node got its status, 10sec after it updates it, but just after the webgui got the status, at most 10sec later the webgui gets the correct status

mhmm could you try to delete the browser cache?
also can you post your pveversion -v
and open the javascript console before starting the vm and post anything which appears in there please

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!