Bridge Two Networks on One ISP Router/Modem

SawKyrom

Jun 3, 2021
Hi all,

Does anyone know if it is possible to bridge two networks on one ISP router/modem? I have an established network using ASUS router (192.168.40.1) on an ISP modem (192.168.1.x). On the 40 network, I have a HP server with proxmox and pfSense VM installed. I would like to slowly transfer devices from existing network to the pfSense network rather than completely shutting down the existing network. I am unable to access the pfSense IP with this setup after trying multiple attempts to bridge via Proxmox interface. I can plug in a laptop to the pfSense NIC card (ensf02) and access internet and the webpage GUI on the pfSense network. Is there not a way to link the pfSense network and the existing router network with them both attached to the same ISP router so I can access any/all devices???

I have a WAN address for each router (existing 192.168.1.10 and pfSense 192.168.1.11) from the hosting ISP router. I've established LAN DHCP for each of these routers using different subnets (i.e 192.168.40.x and 192.168.20.x). I can not access the pfSense webpage 192.168.20.1 with device on the 192.168.40.x network or vice versa. See attached diagram to network topology.
Topology.jpg

In summary, I would like to access the unique pfSense network webpage and devices when on the home router network. Is there a bridge setting function required in pfSense console/webpage, the existing home router, or the ISP router? Any instruction would be much appreciate. Thank you all.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!