Boot order stata0, sata1, cdrom

andy77

Jul 6, 2016
Hello @ all,

I've tried to find a solution to conifg the first two HDDs that I have assigned to the KVM as first and second boot device and the cd-rom as third boot device.

Unfortunatley I did not fount it how to do.

I have tried to change in /etc/pve/qemu-server/101.conf the following:

boot: ccd

But then I have on the first and second boot device just the same HDD, and can not change this:
http://prntscr.com/btm5kh

Does anyone has an idea how to solve this?
I need to config this to be able to restore a Windows Bare Metal Backup.

Thank you very much for any help

Regards
Andy

Just curious: Are you implementing a software-raid inside the VM or why do you need this "extraordinary" setup (at least extraordinary with respect to VMs)?

Well yes I have to. This is because I am trying to restore a Windows Server 2012R2 bare metal. This system had a software raid running. Unfortunately the Windows restore do not allows to restore a backup even if the smallest thing about drives differs from the original. This is why I need to have the first two drives to boot in fist and second place. Otherwise restore is not possible.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!