[SOLVED] Boot image not mounted after update

virtual_noob

Jun 4, 2024
Please excuse my lack of knowledge I am a bit of a beginner with Proxmox but will try to present as much info as I can. I recently upgraded my standalone proxmox instance and post upgrade i was unable to ssh (connetions refused) or access the webgui. Tried a forced reboot \ disabled the firewall \ checked services were running but no change.
I am able to access the server from oob mgmt (idrac) but it looks like its booting into emergency / safe mode. From what I can tell it appears that the /boot/ volume is not mounted or doesn't exist. Looking through dmesg i see a kernel command line message stating it cannot find the /boot/vmlinuz**. I also dont see the volume when running a df -h. If this is the case wondering if there is a way to recreate / repair it without destroying data on my other disks (boot / os is on seperate drives to the VMs). Pretty sure I am only using LVMs if that helps. Screen shots attached happy to provide any other details if it will help.

Thanks,

Attachments

• dmesg.png
    dmesg.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot from 2024-06-04 09-11-38.png
    Screenshot from 2024-06-04 09-11-38.png
    153.6 KB · Views: 2
commenting out the failed mount worked - it was nothing to do with the boot volume / boot image just a bad mount. This one is resolved.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!