Boot error

TheMineGeek

Sep 28, 2016
Hi,

I've installed Proxmox on my server two weeks ago. Everything was working correctly but yesterday, with no reasons, I have this error each time I try to boot :
error : failure reading sector 0x0 from 'cd'.
error : disk 'lvmid/PZKRKC-bhiY-Zk6A-IzdL-0fuv-2tvc-82QTUm/EN5gKC-m3uA-TydR-3vN2-PP5A-Swns-mxveLN' not found
Entering rescue mode ...
grub rescue>

So, I've tried to go understand and ran boot-repair on an Ubuntu live USB and get that : http://paste2.org/WVp1AAJa
Sadly, I really don't have the level to understand what it means and that's why I need your help.

Here is some informations which could maybe be useful :
  • I have a zpool running with a,b,c,d,f,g,h,i disks and with j disk as cache
  • e disk is my usb key
  • Proxmox is installed on k disk
Hope you can help me.
Sorry if my english hurted your eyes

TheMineGeek

That is the part I really don't understand. As you can see in logs, I have strictly no CD drive. Only 8HDD, 2SSD + the Linux live USB which was not plugged when I had that error

Do you think I could try to unplug all disks except the one with OS? Wouldn't it totally destroy my zpool?

Last edited:
I am having the same problem, did you ever found what caused this? (not the cd part but the unbootable part)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!