Boot device not found

mlrtime

Dec 2, 2018
I know there are many threads on this but I'm having the same problem.

Proxmox: 5.2-1
Guest: Windows 10 Builder edition from a lenovo laptop
Ran Mergeraid.reg as administrator, verified first registry key was set in regedit.
Method: Clonezilla source/destination over lan. Beginner mode.

Clonezilla finishes quickly without error, on first boot I get the green screen with no boot device.

Any advice is appreciated

Attachments

• green screen.PNG
    green screen.PNG
    52.3 KB · Views: 8
  • tproxmox.PNG
    tproxmox.PNG
    18.8 KB · Views: 8
I'm quite new, how do I change to sata, I just see scsi type changes

Attachments

• psata.PNG
    psata.PNG
    4.9 KB · Views: 3
EDIT: For anyone following you need to detach the disk, edit it, then reattach. Windows is booting now.

Fyi. You can use virtuo.
It just takes a bit more effort.
You use sata first boot the windows and install update the virtuo drivers inthe windows. Than you change the disk to virtuo. And it should work.

Is that recommended for performance issues? I did the same with the network drivers just now, booted to e1000, downloaded the virt drivers then booted back with virt network.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!