[SOLVED] Bond Configuration

YaseenKamala

Feb 2, 2021
Paris
Hello,

Is it possible to create a bond# by including already used eno# and keeping my current configurations! like what you can in the bellow phot?

1634052281356.png
1634052684240.png
Thanks
KAMALA

Last edited:
You can remove eno1 from vmbr0, create a bond using eno1 + eno2 and bridge that bond to vmbr0 (vmbr0 can keep the same gateway/IP) and hit "apply". But make sure you got a WebKVM or keyboard+monitor attached to the server in case something goes wrong.

Reactions: YaseenKamala
You can remove eno1 from vmbr0, create a bond using eno1 + eno2 and bridge that bond to vmbr0 (vmbr0 can keep the same gateway/IP) and hit "apply". But make sure you got a WebKVM or keyboard+monitor attached to the server in case something goes wrong.
You mean I only have to remove the "eno1" from → vmbr0 then create a bond# with both → eno1+eno2 then bridge the new bond# to the vmbr0.

Have you done that, if yes, did it worked for you? and all this can be done within the Web Interface?

Action Steps:

1st Step:

1634113329848.png

2nd Step:

1634113581482.png

End: will it be done this way?
1634113887634.png

I am trying to understand how to do it in CLI in case if I lost access!

Thank you so much.

Last edited:
You mean I only have to remove the "eno1" from → vmbr0 then create a bond# with both → eno1+eno2 then bridge the new bond# to the vmbr0.

Have you done that, if yes, did it worked for you? and all this can be done within the Web Interface?

Action Steps:

1st Step:

View attachment 30315

2nd Step:

View attachment 30316

End: will it be done this way?
View attachment 30317

I am trying to understand how to do it in CLI in case if I lost access!

Thank you so much.
Yes that should work. If PVE is complaining you might need to remove the vmbr0 completely and add it again after creating the bond. But that also should be fine as long as you only click the "apply" button at the very end. IF you want to be able to restore that config using CLI you could create a copy of your /etc/network/interfaces (cp /etc/network/interfaces /etc/network/interfaces.backup) so if something won't work you can restore your network config.

Reactions: YaseenKamala
Yes that should work. If PVE is complaining you might need to remove the vmbr0 completely and add it again after creating the bond. But that also should be fine as long as you only click the "apply" button at the very end. IF you want to be able to restore that config using CLI you could create a copy of your /etc/network/interfaces (cp /etc/network/interfaces /etc/network/interfaces.backup) so if something won't work you can restore your network config.
That is what I did. but did not use it. all went well

1634117610328.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Dunuin

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!