bnx2: Can't load firmware file

artgon93

Apr 2, 2018
Hello, in advance I'm sorry for any misspelling, English is not my fist language.

In the company I work the last sysadmin was let go without giving a proper rundown of the systems we use, I been learning on the go and everything has been working somewhat fine until today, I don't know what to do.

Having said that I need help with a series of problems I am having with a proxmox machine, I been trying to follow guides but it's seems I'm only making the problems worst, the os is running on a DELL PowerEdge T610 on proxmox we are running 1 microsoft server VM that is really important.

The first error that I'm getting is: bnx2: Can't load firmware file “bnx2/bnx2-mips-09-6.2.1b.fw” then it welcomes me to the emergency mode, after inputing the root password and using systemctl default or systemctl reboot or even the Control-D command I can't access to the machine via web. Trying to ping to google or the internl network I get the message Destination Host Unreachable.

We have another PowerEdge T610 running the same version of proxmox 4.4-1 so if I could migrate or create a backup to an external drive of any of the qm's I wouldn't have much trouble but when I try to do anything to the qm's I get the message mkdir /var/lib/vz/private: Structure needs cleaning at /usr/share/per15/PVE/Storage/Plugin.pm line 845

I have tried to run fsck -p but it tells me /dev/mapper/pve-root is mounted.

Being honest I am scared to delete something and maybe I already have, by no means I know what I am doing.

Hi,

bnx2 is the driver for the Broadcom NetXremeII NIC.
May be it is a HW defect.

The first error that I'm getting is: bnx2: Can't load firmware file “bnx2/bnx2-mips-09-6.2.1b.fw” then it welcomes me to the emergency mode, after inputing the root password and using systemctl default or systemctl reboot or even the Control-D command I can't access to the machine via web. Trying to ping to google or the internl network I get the message Destination Host Unreachable.

packages.debian.org/pl/stretch/firmware-bnx2

network driver problem the same problem im have old hp serwer

this is non free and you must manual install deb

packages.debian.org/pl/stretch/firmware-bnx2

network driver problem the same problem im have old hp serwer

this is non free and you must manual install deb
I am trying to do this but it is asking me to remove proxmox in order to install the firmware package. Is there a way around this?

We already ship that firmware, so you should not install that package.
Is there anything else that I should do besides installing pve-headers? I am not able to make that NIC work for some reason, though my e1000 NIC works perfectly.

The package with the firmware is called 'pve-firmware'. But this is already installed and should work out of the box.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!