Blacklisted "domain" applied to relay?

chipc

Sep 20, 2007
If I add a domain to the proxmox blacklist, does it match mail from a relay whose name is in that domain? Or does it just apply to a "from" address?

Case in point, I've decided I want to block mail from an ISP's dynamic hosts; the addresses span a large number of non-contiguous network blocks but all have PTR records of the form d.c.b.a.dynamic.example-isp.tld. If I add "dynamic.example-isp.tld" to the blacklist, will it block mail coming from those hosts?

Thanks,

Chip C
Toronto

If I add a domain to the proxmox blacklist, does it match mail from a relay whose name is in that domain? Or does it just apply to a "from" address?

It just apply to the "from" address.

isp.tld. If I add "dynamic.example-isp.tld" to the blacklist, will it block mail coming from those hosts?

No, you need to add the IP address/networks.

- Dietmar

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!