Bind selected virtual machine on physical server video/keyboard/mouse I/O

camillo777

Jan 16, 2014
Hi all,
I installed Proxmox on a HP Z620 workstation and installed a couple of Windows VM on it.
I would like to know if it is possible somehow to use Proxmox as a KVM switch.
What I need to do is to select a VM to bind with the physical output/input of the workstation (DVI output, keyboard and mouse input).
Because the response of the Java applet or VNC RDP connection is not as good as a physical output/input.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Camillo

dont't fully understand what you mean, but for sure SPICE console is far, far better then java, vnc and perhaps rdp (still SPICE is not complete).
you can run vm on on server an duse them from a remote workstation, even with SPICE.
i guess, to run vm on the same machine where pve is on, your only chance is install debian wheezy and then pve over it (see wiki for guides), then use SPICE viewer on wheezy to access vms on local pve.

Marco

I guess you could pass through a Usb keyboard & mouse and pci video card. But spice or rdp is pretty good and more flexible.

Sent from my MT27i using Tapatalk

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!