Bind mounts and unpriviledged lxc: how to mount share under /mnt/bindmounts

kiloxpor

May 5, 2021
Hi,

I am trying to give an unpriviledged lxc container access to a NFS share (a folder in my synology nas). This NFS share is mounted in my proxmox host under /mnt/pve/share automatically when I add it through the gui in datacenter/storage/add/NFS. However, according the the documentation here "for security reasons, bind mounts should only be established using source directories especially reserved for this purpose, e.g., a directory hierarchy under /mnt/bindmounts."

But how do I mound the NFS share under /mnt/bindmounts instead of the current or default /mnt/pve?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I think PVE will always mount stuff to /mnt/pve. If you want to mount it somewhere else you could add a line to your /etc/fstab or create a systemd service so the NFS share gets mounted at boot under the path you specify.

Reactions: kiloxpor
I think PVE will always mount stuff to /mnt/pve. If you want to mount it somewhere else you could add a line to your /etc/fstab or create a systemd service so the NFS share gets mounted at boot under the path you specify.
Thanks a lot for the reply. I went the systemd route and it works :)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!