/bin/sh can't access tty job control turned off

diceair

Mar 18, 2013
Hi there

I'm getting this message "/bin/sh can't access tty job control turned off"

What can be wrong with my Proxmox and how can I fix this. I'm running proxmox 3.0 and don't want to reinstall as I don't want to loose all my configs etc etc.

Thanks

Hi there

I'm getting this message "/bin/sh can't access tty job control turned off"

What can be wrong with my Proxmox and how can I fix this. I'm running proxmox 3.0 and don't want to reinstall as I don't want to loose all my configs etc etc.

Thanks

anyone?

when do you get this? when the system boots up?

were there some changes on the hardware or recent configuration changes?
was /etc/inittab modified?

I'm getting the same error at boot up.
This might be caused by an added hard disk. At the time of installation I only had an USB stick in the server.
Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks! :)

possibly your drive order have changed - you might check /etc/fstab and /boot/grub/grub.cfg and switch to UUID's

/cat/proc/partitions
ls -l /dev/disk/by-uuid/

I cant access fstab or grub.cfg in the console where the error is mentioned. Could you please advise where and when I have to access these files?
Shouldn't Proxmox just boot from the stick?:(

Thanks so far. I'm still not sure if I'm understanding you correctly.
I pressed "e" during boot and got the same screen (see screenshot) with usb-stick-only and the usb stick and HDD combo.
On the Command Line (through F2) almost no commands are possible to navigate through the filesystem.

What am I doing wrong?

nur stick.PNG

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!