Big Crash and solution

falves1

Jan 11, 2009
I have been trying all day to reuse a Windows 2012 virtual hard drive from my Centos 6.4 KVM Host and I keep getting a crash on start.
Finally, I remember that a few weeks ago I opened a bug with redhat
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=821741 . This is the same bug and it means that Proxmox 3.0 is trying by default to create a 32 Bit Virtual machine, and KVM crashes instantly with Windows 8 in 32 bits. So the question is, how do I force Proxmox to start always a 64 bit virtual machine environment, and never a 32 bit one. In a 64 bit environment I can install any 32 bit OS. An additional piece of information, the virtual hard disk is *.qcow2 and it resides in an NFS mount.

windows2012error.png

few week (3.1). As workaround, you can add the following in your vm config file:

args: -cpu kvm64,+sep

I did add the line, and it still crashes.
Any ideas?
I can give you direct access to the box.
The fact that this works fine in Red Hat 6.4 shows that the issue is in Proxmox. I mean, a 64 bit virtual machine should not be affected by this bug.
Or maybe I am misunderstanding the issue.
Thanks in advance.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!