Better way to block sender domain?

Sep 17, 2020
Hello,

Each time I try to block a senders domain, I do a trial and error to attempt to stop it and sometimes, I can't.
I don't see something as specific in the docs.

First attempt:
Who -> Domain -> badguys.com

2nd Attempt:
Who -> Reg Expression -> .+badguys.com also .+badguys\.com

Now I guess try What -> Match Field -> From or Sender badguys.com

There has to me a more efficient single method way to accomplish this and works every time.
Know I know we have envelope sender vs from address.
The other negative is that if you leave one in WHO and one in WHAT rules, you end up never matching because you are expecting both to match in order to reject.

Just need a consistent, simpler and better way.

Last edited:
Just need a consistent, simpler and better way.
You could create a script using the API to add both these things at the same time.

The Who and What are conceptually different and we don't plan to mix them together.

In a previous thread, it was mentioned if you have a WHO and a WHAT to block for lets say domain.com, it would have to meet both criteria in order for it to be blocked.
Just to confirm, you are saying this is NOT true?

Are there multiple methods you recommend for the script so that I leave no stone unturned?
it would guarantee ( well almost) that if it has domain.com in the sender or from we reject it.

Thanks!!!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!