Best way to setup Proxmox as a midway FTP server to transfer files between 2 pcs.

eiger3970

Sep 9, 2012
Hi, I have a few websites hosted on proxmox.
How do I setup the webhost so it will handle mail?
How do I setup ftp'ing data from pc1 to the proxmox ftp server, then from proxmox ftp server to pc 2?
Should I setup a new webhost on proxmox, or can I just put files somewhere where there is space on the HDD?

Hi, I have a few websites hosted on proxmox.
How do I setup the webhost so it will handle mail?
How do I setup ftp'ing data from pc1 to the proxmox ftp server, then from proxmox ftp server to pc 2?
Should I setup a new webhost on proxmox, or can I just put files somewhere where there is space on the HDD?
Hi,
it's recommended to install only nessary services on the pve-host. Use simply an VM to install an ftp-server (like vsftpd on an squeeze-openvz-VM).

About the mailhost - the question is very diffus. The pve-host use the mx-host from your dns-record. But you can also modify the mail-config to use an relay-host.

Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!