Best terraform provider ?

Hello,
Well, I was going to recommend Telmate's provider for proxmox since it's the one I've been using for months now, but the one you found seems much more advanced !
anyways, here it is in case you want to check it out : https://registry.terraform.io/providers/Telmate/proxmox/latest/docs
I haven't read the bgp provider completely, but the telmate's one is more focused around VMs and LX Containers, so it will probbly be better suited for these tasks. The hypervisor part tho seems really interesting.

I would advise to use this one for host provisioning, and maybe try telmate's one for VM and container stuff.

Best,

I looked more at the age and maintenance rather than the functionality. It would be nice to bring them both together.

From what I can see the bgp one appears more superior in all ways, but I haven't used it
It is still missing a few features, like specifying HA group to VMs, and has some pretty annoying bugs (like this one), but I think it should be the one to recommend indeed, so that more people can potentially contribute to it.

Thanks for the feedback! The bug mentioned above has been fixed in the most recent version.
Full disclosure -- I'm not the original author of the code, just picked up this abandoned project a year or so ago, put some tweaks and fixes to make it work in my homelab, and here you go.

And yes, this is a hobby project, and any new contributors are very welcome! :)

Thanks for the feedback! The bug mentioned above has been fixed in the most recent version.
Full disclosure -- I'm not the original author of the code, just picked up this abandoned project a year or so ago, put some tweaks and fixes to make it work in my homelab, and here you go.

And yes, this is a hobby project, and any new contributors are very welcome! :)
Hi,
I'm looking to use terraform too to replace our custom scripts at work, but I was really not impressed by telmate provider (a lot of bugs and missing feature).

I'll try your provider and make a feedback.

Not sure I can contribute, because I never have coding in golang berfore.

Hi everyone,

I'm also looking to use terraform on proxmox wondering which provider is best nowaday ?
BTW a question that maybe you could help me :
I like to keep my proxmox as clean as possible so I was thinking of installing terraform inside an lxc is that possible or a good/bad idea ? (same question for ansible :) )

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!