Best practice for MSSQL on linux?

when i choose windows it goes automatically to IDE so i switch to VirtiO but when i choose linux it goes to SCSI. i was reading the wiki and it says to always to use VirtiO
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Performance_Tweaks

Code:
Use virtIO for disk and network for best performance.

Linux has the drivers built in since Linux 2.6.24 as experimental, and since Linux 3.8 as stable
    FreeBSD has the drivers built in since 9.0
    Windows requires the Windows VirtIO Drivers to be downloaded and installed manually

when i choose windows it goes automatically to IDE

Yeah, but this thread is about Linux, isn't it?

The IDE option works out of the box, VirtIO and VirtIO SCSI do not without having the guest drivers attached on another disk drive and manually installing them. This is hard for firsttime virtualizers, so it is not the default.

it says to always to use VirtiO

VirtIO SCSI is still VirtIO, so it is still true.

Reactions: killmasta93

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!