Beginner Question OVH

nad

Dec 15, 2021
Hello,

I want make 5 VPS for our office (3 Redhat - 2 windows) so, I plan order OVH server and found Proxmox which is looks nice solution but I have this beginner questions :

1- OVH server come including 1 IPV4 and some failover IP's, so can I use 5 of this OVH failover IP's to create the VPS's and login using SSH normally etc ?

2- I read many guides until now which made me confused about from where exactly I should start after get the ovh server , should I install linux Debian first or what ? before start install Proxmox

I know my questions is very BASIC but I'm here to learn and start also I'm looking every where for the correct answer and steps to start ... so please help me with more clear answers/ guides as you can specially the above two points

I appreciate any help and advice

Thank you very much

Hi

" 1- OVH server come including 1 IPV4 and some failover IP's, so can I use 5 of this OVH failover IP's to create the VPS's and login using SSH normally etc ? "
yes. 1 ipv4 is included, you will need to buy the other 4 ipv4 (one time payment).

"2- I read many guides until now which made me confused about from where exactly I should start after get the ovh server , should I install linux Debian first or what ? before start install Proxmox "
OVH do not provide Proxmox v7, so you will need to install Proxmox v6 and then update it to v7.0
(If you want a stable system, i recommend you to stay in proxmox v6, since proxmox v7 it is still not completely stable).

*NOTE: After the Proxmox v6 installatiion is concluded,
please check this tutorial or you will not be able to access the WebGui after first reboot.
https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/cant-access-proxmox-webgui.89396/page-2#post-394842

I hope it helps ;)

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!