BAYES_00(-1.9) always the same value. How to check if it's working properly?

poetry

May 28, 2020
Just upgraded to latest version Mail Gateway 6.4-3 and hoped this would be fixed but looks like it's not.

No matter what message I check there is always BAYES_00(-1.9). How to check if it's operating properly? This value should be variable depending on the message.

If you check on https://github.com/apache/spamassassin/search?q=BAYES_00 you get the description:
Code:
require_version @@VERSION@@
###########################################################################
ifplugin Mail::SpamAssassin::Plugin::Bayes
body BAYES_00        eval:check_bayes('0.00', '0.01')
#Additional rule to add more of a score to BAYES_99 FOR 99.9% to 100%
body BAYES_999        eval:check_bayes('0.999', '1.00')
tflags BAYES_00        nice learn
tflags BAYES_05        nice learn

I did not add BAYES_00 to Configuration-Spam Detector-Custom Scores. It's not added so it should not be the same.

Also this is enabled:
1617209078924.png

1617209140447.png

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Thank you!

Reactions: EDSON MARIO
If every mail hits BAYES_00 - my guess is that your bayes database has been trained wrong
the easiest would be to disable bayes in the GUI (this removes the Database) and optionally to reenable it again (it will be trained with newly arriving mail)

In my personal setups I don't rely on BAYES (since for me it causes more false negatives and positives than without it)

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!