BAYES Training

dennis_81

Sep 27, 2021
Hello all,

we see in our PMG that more and more explicit spam mails are delivered to the recipients.
Checking the logs, I see that these are getting a score of (-1.9) through BAYES_00.

If I understand this correctly, BAYES should learn which mails are wanted and which are not. But by which parameters does the PMG recognize that? Is there an automatic training?

Can I do anything to influence this and is it possible to reset the rating?

Thank you and best regards
Dennis

If I understand this correctly, BAYES should learn which mails are wanted and which are not. But by which parameters does the PMG recognize that? Is there an automatic training?
bayes learning in PMG is using Spamassassin's autolearning feature - see https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SPAMASSASSIN/BayesFaq (and linked pages)

This can lead to (and quite often does) a wrong scoring over time

Can I do anything to influence this and is it possible to reset the rating?
yes - simply disable the feature in GUI->Configuration->Spam Detector

(you can reenable it afterwards and would start fresh)
I would suggest that you try how the performance is with bayes turned off - most users are quite happy with the detection rates without it

I hope this helps!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!