Basic question new home lab

Marcel

May 24, 2009
Netherlands
Hi,

I used Proxmox some time ago (to test a bit) and I really like this virtualization solution. I'll be happy to be a paid customer. I have a question regarding how to setup a new lab to test and running my services. How is your setup? I know it's a very basic question and I hope for some answers and experiences cause I'm not sure what's the best approach / setup.

you didn't mentioned what services you're going to test ?
Proxmox have so many options and approaches, so you have to explain in detail, what exactly do you want?

Proxmox is very flexible and easy to setup, just install it and point your browser to installed IP.
Then you can install the required services on it.

How do you have setup / manage your storage? Do you have a separate storage server or NAS?

Its completely depends on you, if you want local storage, you have option in Proxmox, if you want NAS, there's option for it.
There are different benefits for different options, you have to chose what best suits you.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!