Ballooning not working on windows KVM

indyimaging

Jul 8, 2014
I have a fresh install of proxmox
pve-manager/5.1-43/bdb08029 (running kernel: 4.13.13-5-pve)

I have installed memory balloon drivers
07/19/2017 61.74.104.14100

The ram reported in the OS does not match the RAM reported from the proxmox console. Any Ideas?

Work here on 50+ Windows VM's normaly. Have you also installed the windowsservice?
Code:
blnsvr.exe -i

Strange. What is the Memorydifference between host and your guest? Is the baloonservice running?

Q1: How did you figure that "used" in Windows?
Q2: What does "free -h" in Proxmox say?

Q1: How did you figure that "used" in Windows?
Q2: What does "free -h" in Proxmox say?

Task manager in windows shows 3.4 GB used.

# free -h
total used free shared buff/cache available
Mem: 376G 128G 29G 149M 218G 245G

But free -h shows total for the proxmox server.

The Summary tab in the proxmox web interface for the KVM shows 10.56 being used.

In my original response I said I used this guide. That includes running:
blnsvr.exe -i
Yes, this install the service, but that does not mean anything that the service in Windows is really running. So go to Services scroll to balloonservice and have a look. It is running then please click on restart, is it not running (which I suspect) then start it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!