bad performance with windows 2008 R2

icoronado

Apr 15, 2013
Hello!
I'm having issues with proxmox 3.1 and windows 2008 r2. When the VM is idle the cpu use is near to 0%, but when I copy files from the VM to another real host the CPU usage is about 100%. In a phisical server the cpu usage in the same scenario is near to 3-5%. If I copy files from one disk to another into the same VM the CPU usage is about 50%.

Proxmox is runing on a AMD 12 core server with 12 GB of ram. At this moment it has only one VM.

The VM has only 2GB of ram, but I can see a lot of ram free yet. The disk are RAW format in a ISCSI DELL MD3200i. All devices (disk and network) are VIRTIO with they drivers, and I have disabled ballonnig memory.

I have only 1 core in this machine, if I agree 3 core more, I can see the cpu usage going to 25-30%. This is the solution? Add more cores?

I updated virtio drivers, install another windows 2008 R2 and windows 7 32b with the same results, I have installed the system in local disk instead ISCSI but it doesn't works.
I found another threads in the forum with similar problems and without solution. This is a common problem?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!