Backups

eak819

May 15, 2014
Good Afternoon Everyone!

Just wondering how you backup your data? I was planning on installing several windows machines and I would like to be able to restore them quickly. Currently we run a windows shop and backup our remote offices on the WB my cloud type devices. I can't figure out how to get ProxMox to backup to them.

Thanks,
Ethan

WD MyCloud are powered by Debian so you would be able to share a directory with NFS to your proxmox cluster.

This gives you shared storage and would allow you to indicate it as a backup device as well.

Not very fast but sufficient for backup.

I do this myself for my home network ant it works very well.

Serge

WD MyCloud are powered by Debian so you would be able to share a directory with NFS to your proxmox cluster.

This gives you shared storage and would allow you to indicate it as a backup device as well.

Not very fast but sufficient for backup.

I do this myself for my home network ant it works very well.

Serge

Serge,

That's what I was wondering, I noticed that I could choose the /nfs location on the My Cloud, but I wasn't sure how this would affect the other backups that I have running on the My Cloud. I also wasn't sure how I could check to see if it was running and whether or not it was actually backing up.

Thanks,
Ethan

I get Proxmox to email me on backups. This is why you entered an email when you first installed it.

The email I receive tell me success or failures and usually why.

I have a 3-node PVE Cluster and backup 3 KVM and 6 VZ virtual machines once a week on Saturday. Everything is live and I have no issues using the WD MyCloud.

You Can see the backup files on the WD MyCloud directory directly or by listing the content of the NFS share in the Proxmox web interface.

Serge

I get Proxmox to email me on backups. This is why you entered an email when you first installed it.

The email I receive tell me success or failures and usually why.

I have a 3-node PVE Cluster and backup 3 KVM and 6 VZ virtual machines once a week on Saturday. Everything is live and I have no issues using the WD MyCloud.

You Can see the backup files on the WD MyCloud directory directly or by listing the content of the NFS share in the Proxmox web interface.

Serge

Serge,

Do I have to mount the NFS? I guess I'm a little confused, I went into storage and added the NFS http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Storage_Model#NFS_Share. But when I go and look at the summary it doesn't show as active.

Thanks,
Ethan

I'm backup my data through cloud backup solution. One of my extended family members suggested me to use CloudBacko Pro. You can try CloudBacko Pro for free for 30 days. No credit card or personal information are required.

Sorry for delay in responding. I missed your last question.

You have to create storage within the Proxmox GUI by choosing the WD MyCloud as NFS and indicate it is to be used for Backup (or anything else you want).

The new storage location will be visible on each Proxmox host on the cluster and the NFS Nackup location will be available on the drop-down when you configure backups.

Very simple and configurable directly from the GUI.

Serge

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!