Backup with very small size making it impossible to restore

vinicius3d97

Apr 29, 2021
Hi, this is my first post and I hope you're doing it right.

I have followed the backup history of some vm's that I have where the size of the snapshots follow the size of the disks that make up the machines. But I'm having problems with a backup of a specific vm that has 100gb of disk but the backup is extremely small as can be seen in the image.

I performed a test restore of a snapshot prior to a software installation and after starting the machine I noticed that there were no changes.

I even checked the backup compression type and the funny thing is that previously I was able to change between compression types but now the field is disabled.

Thanks for listening

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    61.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_4.png
    Screenshot_4.png
    49.1 KB · Views: 22
You have excluded your harddisk from the backup (backup=0). So you probably are only backing up the config of your VM.

Last edited:
Reactions: vinicius3d97
You have excluded your harddisk from the backup (backup=0). So you probably are only backing up the config of your VM.
And how can I check and review it?
Well, I'm just having problems with this vm.

Thanks for listening.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!