Hi.
I got a lot of that strings:
INFO: tar: root: Warning: Cannot fgetxattr: Operation not supported
INFO: tar: .razor: Warning: Cannot fgetxattr: Operation not supported
INFO: tar: .w3m: Warning: Cannot fgetxattr: Operation not supported
INFO: tar: .cache: Warning: Cannot fgetxattr: Operation not supported
INFO: tar: mc: Warning: Cannot fgetxattr: Operation not supported
in the backup logs.

As I can understand it regards to tar parameter --attr. What's wrong? How to fix that? I disabled acl for containers zfs subvolumes because it broke sockets permissions. Is it a cause?

Last edited:
Yep. It's definitely because acltype==noacl but any aclinherit values brakes permission for sockets (for example: Dovecot /var/spool/postfix/private/auth must be 644 but zfs acl inherits 600 from parent directory).

Somebody has any ideas how to fix that?

Last edited:
Well.
After I move all data from VM's subvolumes, recreate the zfs pool (I had need exclude one slow HDD from it), set acltype==noacl and move the data back these warnings in the backup log are gone. I don't know why but tar just stopped complaining about fgetxattr. I guess because in the first time the data were copied to zfs with posix acl... I don't know. If somebody can explain more professionally I will be glad, for me it's solved now.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!