Backup user permissions and installation on ZFS

Vasilij S.

Feb 22, 2023
Hello! I have 2 questions.

First about integration PBS and Proxmox VE. I want to create a separate user for this, but nowhere in the documentation, neither for PBS nor for Proxmox VE, I saw what minimal privileges it needs. Will it be enough to set Datastore.Backup? It will be necessary to create copies of both VM and containers.

Second question. I have 4 disks and want use RAID10 via ZFS. Can I do this via PBS installer? This sentence confuses me: "The Proxmox Backup installer creates 3 partitions on all disks selected for installation". Does this mean that the installer does not have the ability to manually partition the disk? Will I need to install PBS on top of Debian to get the schema I want?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!