[SOLVED] Backup to local storage or offsite PBS instance when using remote sync

killerherts

Apr 12, 2020
So I have site a and b both have a pve and pbs server on them. My goal is to use them for each others offsite. I am currently backing up pve @ site a to pbs@site a
and pve@b to pbs@b I have a sync job the runs nightly for both site a and be targeting the other.

Now trying to work backwards through my own recovery plan if site a were to blow up, and we needed to rebuild it from nothing, would we load up a new proxmox instance and just use site b as our pbs storage and restore from there?
Or is a better approach to have site a pbs back up to site b pbs and site b pve to site a pbs so that the pbs instance we are actually backing up 2 never gets destroyed?

Also do out sync jobs data show up in our content section or is this data hidden as far as the GUI is concerned

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!