Backup task problem

krogac

Jul 18, 2018
Helo,

i use proxmox 5.4-3 . I have set backup schedule. I saw that sometimes they not start... I don't any data in log. I don't get any emails from server.

Hi,
could you share the contents of /etc/pve/vzdump.cron? What is the intended backup schedule?

0 21 * * * root vzdump 107 113 150 --compress gzip --node vmsrv2019 --mailto --storage NASBACKUP --mode snapshot --mailnotification failure --quiet 1
0 18 * * 3 root vzdump 114 --mailnotification failure --quiet 1 --node vmsrv2019 --compress gzip --mailto --storage NASBACKUP --mode snapshot

0 21 * * * root vzdump 107 113 150 --compress gzip --node vmsrv2019 --mailto --storage NASBACKUP --mode snapshot --mailnotification failure --quiet 1
0 18 * * 3 root vzdump 114 --mailnotification failure --quiet 1 --node vmsrv2019 --compress gzip --mailto --storage NASBACKUP --mode snapshot
So the plan is to backup 107,113,150 every day at 9pm and 114 every Wednesday at 6pm. Is that correct? Which job did not execute? Is there anything in /var/log/syslog around that time?

Just to make sure, does /etc/cron.d/vzdump exist and is it a link to /etc/pve/vzdump.cron?
What does journalctl -u cron.service show?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!