Backup size looks strange

Rider63

May 12, 2023
Hi all,

I'm new on PBS and I just setup some ProxMox VE virtual machines backups on a datastore pointing to an external storage.
Every things worked fine, but there is something strange in the the backup size of some backups that I cannot understand.
I've the 3 VM, that are in the same backup job and consequently having the same backup mode (stop) but, as you can see in the attached image, the reported Size for the VM/175 looks very different form the other VM of the same backup job.
VM/175 has a 80 GiB disk, no snapshot open and delivers exactly the same services of the other 2 VMs.

I've tried to completely remove the VM/175 backups, by clicking the trash icon, a couple of times but the Size reported for the new backups was always of few bites.

Is someone facing with the same situation?

Greenshot 2023-05-12 09.38.33.png

Attachments

• Greenshot 2023-05-12 09.38.33.png
    Greenshot 2023-05-12 09.38.33.png
    194.6 KB · Views: 3
did you maybe uncheck the 'backup' checkbox on the pve side for all disks on that vm ? in that case, only the config would be backed up (which seems roughly correct for the size)

did you maybe uncheck the 'backup' checkbox on the pve side for all disks on that vm ? in that case, only the config would be backed up (which seems roughly correct for the size)

Yes, Dominik you're right!
The backup checkbox was unchecked for that machine.

Many thanks for your prompt answer and have a nice day

Reactions: dcsapak

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!