Backup settings

dream2038

Aug 15, 2022
Excuse me, I want to backup "mode: snapshot" every 30 minutes and keep 3 copies every day.
At the same time, backup "Mode: Stop" every 6 hours and keep 1 copy every day.
How to set up schedule

Hello, I have set up two backup jobs, one is a snapshot backup (keep the latest), and the other is a shutdown backup (keep the latest).
It results in PBS only being either a snapshot backup or an outage backup, not both.

I would recommend that you use a datastore and work with namespaces there. Then you still have to add both namespaces in PVE (like @Dunuin said). On the PVE site you say that you want to keep all backups.

In the PBS you then set your prune jobs according to your requirements under Datastore -> "YOUR DATASTORE" -> "Prune & GC". Don't forget to take the namespaces into account in the prune job.

I would recommend that you use a datastore and work with namespaces there. Then you still have to add both namespaces in PVE (like @Dunuin said). On the PVE site you say that you want to keep all backups.

In the PBS you then set your prune jobs according to your requirements under Datastore -> "YOUR DATASTORE" -> "Prune & GC". Don't forget to take the namespaces into account in the prune job.
Yes, thats how I manage my snapshot-/stop-mode backups and it works well. Just keep in mind that using multiple backup jobs to different namespaces will drop the dirty-bitmapping so backups will take longer. But on the other hand doing a stop-mode backup will drop the dirty-bitmap anyway.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!