Backup Server issue

sherani1987

Feb 18, 2021
Hi Everyone,
I have PVE and PBS. last night my vm on PVE didnt made backup on PBS. When i try to run it manually. It gave me this error.

ERROR: VM 101 qmp command 'backup' failed - backup connect failed: command error: unable to read "/mnt/datastore/backups/vm/101/owner" - Input/output error (os error 5)
INFO: aborting backup job
ERROR: Backup of VM 101 failed - VM 101 qmp command 'backup' failed - backup connect failed: command error: unable to read "/mnt/datastore/backups/vm/101/owner" - Input/output error (os error 5)
INFO: Failed at 2021-05-23 14:43:56
INFO: Backup job finished with errors
TASK ERROR: job errors.

Please help me out
How to resolve this issue. i think there is some problem on PBS.

Seems there is a problem with the underlying storage. Can you access that file manually on the PBS host?
What is the output of:

# ls -l /mnt/datastore/backups/vm/101/

Seems there is a problem with the underlying storage. Can you access that file manually on the PBS host?
What is the output of:

# ls -l /mnt/datastore/backups/vm/

I cant access this folder but i created new directory /mnt/datastore/Backups-VM.

My folder structure does not match either, but mine is working.

/mnt/datastore/vm/###

No "backups" folder

sorry if I came to the party late and missed something

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!