[SOLVED] Backup Process not ending! and restoration history?

YaseenKamala

Feb 2, 2021
Paris
Hello all,

Hope you are all doing well, could you please let me know what to do with this particular case where a backup is not finished, still processing since over two weeks?? see below the screenshot.

1647271037405.png

Las week I faced a problem with one of my already backed up VMs. So I want to check if the VMs were restored automatically! (I AM NOT SURE ABOUT IT BUT WE NEVER KNOW :) )

My question is, is it possible to check within PBS itself or PVE to see if there were any restoration that happened???

Kind regards,
KAMALA

Last edited:
thats an older backup, and it seems it did not finish... normally you should not be able to start a new backup if there is still one running.. ?
can you post the output of
Code:
proxmox-backup-manager versions --verbose
?

Hello @dcsapak,

Thanks for your help and sorry for the late reply.

Here is the out:

proxmox-backup 2.1-1 running kernel: 5.11.22-5-pve
proxmox-backup-server 2.1.5-1 running version: 2.0.11
pve-kernel-helper 7.1-13
pve-kernel-5.11 7.0-10
pve-kernel-5.11.22-5-pve 5.11.22-10
pve-kernel-5.11.22-1-pve 5.11.22-2
ifupdown2 3.1.0-1+pmx3
libjs-extjs 7.0.0-1
proxmox-backup-docs 2.1.5-1
proxmox-backup-client 2.1.5-1
proxmox-mini-journalreader 1.2-1
proxmox-widget-toolkit 3.4-7
pve-xtermjs 4.16.0-1
smartmontools 7.2-1

ok, that looks fine. maybe its an old leftover snapshot?
if there is no backup task running, you should be able to remove that unfinished snapshot

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!